You might be asking yourself, "what does Amber do all day without a job?" The answer is: nobody knows. Not even me. But this is what I think I do:
1. Job Hunt - I love writing hundreds of Cover Letters and filling out online applications for various RD jobs that I'm usually unqualified for.
2. Spend money - isn't it ironic? Yes, but it makes sense. While I lack a paycheck, I have plenty of time. This time often leads to checking Groupon regularly and stalking designer sales online. Can you spell "GILT?" Also, I have to plan "errands" during my day to feel productive. Sometimes that errand is Pottery Barn. Oh well.
3. Cub Scouts - I recently planned the calendar until the end of the year, which was no easy task since our Pack is made up of three boys that are all supposed to be in different dens and therefore have different requirements to do. Last night we tried to have Cub Scouts early (6:30 PM instead of 7) because we wanted to take a hike before dark. By the time we corralled two of our boys, it was already almost dark (7:30), but we took a 15 minute walk around White Rock lake anyway. I had purchased ingredients for a yummy soup for Jesse and I to eat for dinner afterwards, which we didn't have time to make since we got done dropping the boys off at 8:30, so we went to Chic-fil-A instead. In our uniforms. No big deal. We would have gone to In-n-Out, but we've already been once this week. Don't judge - cooking is not on this list.
6. Read - just finished These is my Words by Nancy Turner. Great book. Loved it. Starting Born to Run. Already love it.
7. Become obsessed with stupid TV shows - right now my favorites are Top Chef: Just Desserts and Project Runway. I was somewhat excited for Biggest Loser to start again, but the first episode was pretty disappointing. Without Jillian, there's only the obese people to make fun of, and that's just mean.
That's an idea of my life right now. I need a job, I know, I know.